Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pier 21

So hot and humid here, how hot was it? I don't know.  We only spent one night here, walked around the downtown area and the boardwalk of the port, didn't do Halifax justice.  Pier 21 was a must stop for me as that is where my parents and Rita's parents came into Canada. There is a museum there now and a research area where they help you look into immigration records, ships, dates etc.  However, Canada has a privacy act and unless you are requesting information about yourself, no go.  As it turns out, my parents' port of entry was Quebec anyway, so my walking around imagining what it was like for them was for naught. Rita was a little more lucky as her parents left from Liverpool and the privacy rules are different. All very interesting for me anyway.  We then spent some time planning the logistics for our trip to Newfoundland, reserving space on the ferries, hotels etc.







No comments: